Terms & Conditions of Use
Information About Us
chocolatemoons.com is a site hosted by GoDaddy.com (“We”). We are registered in the United States.
Accessing Our Site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Though our website is designed responsively to work with mobile and tablet devices, chocolatemoons.com does not warrant that our mobile website (or software) will be compatible with your mobile device or tablet.
In accessing any part of our site, you agree:
• not to use our site in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of our site by other users;
• not to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of our site; and
• not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on our site and entered by or relating to any third party user of our site.
Material contained in our site must not be reproduced or exploited for commercial gain. All other rights are reserved and users must seek our permission before making any other use of material contained in our site.
Any use or access to this website (or service) by anyone under the age of 13, is strictly prohibited and in violation of this agreement.
If you post comments to chocolatemoons.com we treat your information as if you had entered into an account. Posting comments allows you to communicate with the general public and post comments – then
– you, includes you are that entity
– you represent and warrant that you are an authorized representative of the organization or entity with the authority to bind the entity of this agreement and on behalf of the organization.
Using another account on chocolatemoons.com is strictly forbidden without the account owners prior permission.
All accounts created, must be done with accurate and complete information.
You are solely responsible for the activity undertaken through this action, and will be held responsible for anything that conflicts with the terms of our website, laid out within this document.
We encourage users who are approved editors (by the management) of chocolatemoons.com to use “strong” passwords, including a lot of characters, as well as a mix of Upper and Lowercase characters, as well as a range punctuation, numbers and letters. Your password may be edited at any point from within your account settings area.
Any suspected breach of your account, must be notified to us straight away.
chocolatemoons.com will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
By providing chocolatemoons.com with your email addresses, we may in turn send you email notifications regarding offers, updates, improvements, products, legal notices or anything else we wish to notify you about.
You may opt out of these emails at any time by contacting Chocolate Moons with your request through our Contact Form.
Tax Information and Processing Fee
a) chocolatemoons.com is solely owned by The Web Mentor, LLC. As a member of Washington State we are legally obliged to charge tax to any customer by Washington State law. Some clients (wholesale) do not apply.
b) Invoices are automatically generated and delivered to buyers on our website. These invoices are from Chocolate Moons, a “The Web Mentor, LLC”, company.
Buyer Protection and Disputes
We at chocolatemoons.com work tirelessly to ensure any purchase through our website for product or services is as smooth and hassle-free as possible. If a resolution to any issues cannot reach a solution between Chocolate Moons and the customer, we always endeavor, at our discretion, to resolve the situation as quick as possible.
Content Standards and Uploaded Content
These Content Standards apply to any content or comments posted or uploaded on our site. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, in our discretion, if such postings breach the Content Standards. We reserve the right to edit, not publish or to remove any content. Although our site is fully moderated, we are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate our site or any other service we provide on our site and we may stop moderating our site at any time.
Postings (or comments) must:
• Be accurate (where it states facts)
• Be genuinely held (where it states opinion)
• Be relevant
• Be informative
• Be civil and respectful of others
• Be written in English and comply with acceptable standards of spelling and grammar
• Comply with the laws applicable in the United States (City, County, State and Federal) and in any country from which it is posted
Postings must not:
• Contain specific accusations of negligence, abuse or criminal activity.
• Be defamatory of any individual or organization
• Be obscene, offensive, hateful, threatening, inflammatory or that are likely to harass or calculated to seriously alarm or annoy any other person
• Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
• Contain abusive language
• Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual
• Be written in capitals
• Stereotype sections of society
• Name any organizations/businesses other than the organization/business that is relevant to the listing, review etc…
• Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person
• Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
• Be in contempt of court
• Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
• Give the impression that the posting emanates from us if this is not the case
• Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act
• Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
• Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites. Content standards also apply to any videos uploaded to the site and, in addition to the general content standards listed above, the following specific standards (“Video Standards”) will apply:
• Videos will only be posted by someone who has obtained all necessary rights and permissions to do so. Such rights and permissions will include (but not be limited to) licenses and releases of any applicable copyright and performers’ rights licenses and releases and consents under the Data Protection Act from anyone shown in the video or whose personal data is used in the video;
• Videos will comply with the laws applicable in the United States and in any country from which it is posted;
• Videos will not contain flashing content or other material which carries a material risk of triggering migraines, photo-sensitive epilepsy or other conditions affected by visual material;
• Videos will not contain any material which would prevent the video in question obtaining a PG rating as a maximum were it subject to classification by the BBFC under its then current guidelines.
Notice & Take Down Procedure: If you believe that content on our website may breach any of our Content Standards you can alert one of our moderators by clicking on the link provided or by contacting Chocolate Moons through our Contact Form. You will need to provide your email address and/or telephone together with a short explanation why you believe the content does not comply with our Content Standards. Reporting content will not automatically remove it, but will ensure we look at it as soon as possible. The moderators will then decide whether to remove it permanently or reinstate it.
Indemnification: You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from any third party claim in relation to content you have uploaded onto our website or your breach of the provisions of these terms.
Social Media: We have a social media presence and use Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter among other social media platforms. Please note that material posted by you to this site may be re-posted or promoted by us on our social media platforms on the same conditions as apply to our website and subject to any additional conditions imposed by the platform in question. By posting to our website you are deemed to consent to any re-posting or promotion by us using social media.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner of all intellectual property rights in the material and data on our site, subject to the provisions in the intellectual property rights in the Content Standards and Uploaded Content (see above). Such rights include, but are not limited to:
• unregistered trade mark rights protecting our business and trading names;
• database rights protecting the data published on our site;
• copyright and design rights in the text and graphics on our site; and
• copyright in the software used on our site other than that licensed to us.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
We expressly prohibit any third party from gathering, extracting, reproducing and/or displaying any material or data on or from our site, regardless of how such material or data is obtained (eg by the use of spiders or other ‘screen scraping’ software or system used to extract data) or the reason it is obtained.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any direct or indirect loss or damage (including consequential loss and loss of profits, goodwill or business opportunities) arising from any third party claim in relation to your use of our site or your breach of the provisions of these terms.
Reliance on Information Posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The Web Mentor, LLC
Chocolate Moons Web & Multimedia Design
10303 NE 64th Street
Kirkland, WA 98033